Every detail thought out, from the smallest to the most expansive. Lush landscaping that echoes Colorado’s natural beauty. Homes made from materials that hearken back to a time of true craftsmanship. An eighteen hole golf course designed by Tom Sweiskopf. Panoramic views of purple mountain majesties, and some of Colorado’s most sweeping landscapes. The creators of Flying Horse started with a vision of the best lifestyle possible, and brought it into reality with every new addition. Flying Horse offers the lifestyle we all aspire to, in a location that we all dream of.
Flying Horse is a new sort of intentional planned community. Located on the northern edge of Colorado Springs, Flying Horse seeks to bring the best parts of life into the neighbourhood. Flying Horse was conceived as a place that would be home, not just within four walls, but also within the community. Homeowners can take advantage of countless benefits nearby, and there truly is something for everyone. Our community offers more amenities than we can list, but a few that shine are:
- Carefully thought out streets that maximize views for every homeowner.
- Neighbourhood parks that foster learning and encourage fun for all ages.
- The Club, with amenities ranging from a Pilates studio to a complete European-style spa
- A heated 25-yard lap pool, open year round
- Red clay tennis courts
- Activities for children, ranging from sports camps to ballet to etiquette classes
- An award winning eighteen hole golf-course, thoughtfully designed by the esteemed Tom Weiskopf. Flying Horse was voted one of the top ten private courses in Colorado, which is truly an achievement in a state teeming with golf courses.
The northern edge of Colorado Springs is overflowing with opportunities. Colorado consistently ranks as one of the most sought after states to live in for employment opportunities and economic growth. Many employers have put down roots in the area, and are near the Flying Horse Community.
Private Employers (just to name a few):
- Lockheed Martin
- Lexis Nexis
- T Rowe Price
- Compassion International
- Progressive, and many more…
Public Employers near Flying Horse
- Academy School District 20
- Air Force Academy
- Memorial Health System
- Penrose-St Francis Health System
- Colorado Springs Utilities
Fun in the Sun
The Colorado Springs area typically offers over three-hundred days of sunshine, and Flying horse is near many opportunities to enjoy the beautiful weather. Entertainment and recreation can be found within a stone’s throw of our community, with many choices.
- Garden of the Gods, a choice for people the world over, is only a few minutes. Enjoy horseback riding, stunning trails, and jaw-dropping vistas, just a few minutes from your doorstep.
- Air Force Academy- whether you choose a tour of the beautiful campus, a bike ride on the Sante Fe trail, or an exciting football game, the Academy is a central part of Colorado Springs.
- Dozens of hiking and mountain biking trails are near Flying Horse. Colorado Springs takes its recreation seriously, and you can find both leisurely trails or the world famous and brutal Incline near your home.
- Shopping opportunities are plentiful near Flying Horse. A nearby center includes tasteful stores such as White House Black Market, J Jill, Ann Taylor, Apple, and dozens of other coveted names. Bass Pro Shop, which seems to be the size of a small town, has something for the outdoorsman in the family, but also serves as entertainment for the rest of the crew.
- Movie theaters, laser tag, and many excellent restaurants are located conveniently near Flying Horse, so an afternoon matinee or a Tapas dinner with friends can easily be enjoyed.
Flying Horse feeds into a school district that consistently leads in the state of Colorado. Academy School District 20 provides an excellent public education that consistently serves as an example that other districts try to emulate.
Whether winning awards from the Colorado Department of Education or being recognized as The Best Of Colorado Springs Schools, District 20 is a leader in education. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the school that Flying Horse feeds into, Discovery Canyon Campus. DCC is a forward-thinking school nested in a canyon near Flying Horse.
DCC provides a learning environment from the first steps of Kindergarten through 12th grade. A beautiful campus that encourages learning with every thoughtful detail, DCC focuses on Science and math, giving our youth a strong foundation to pursue higher education and make a difference.
We hope that we’ve shown you just a bit of the magic that makes Flying Horse more than the typical neighbourhood. Flying Horse is not just a community, but also a lifestyle. If you are now interested in calling Flying Horse your home, please contact one of our experts at our model homes. They can walk you through, from start to finish, so that Flying Horse can become your dream reality.